Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Sherry? Sherry.

Well, yesterday was fun. Did very little other than drinking sherry, watching Dolce and Gabbana, eating Dolce and Gabbana, drinking beer and chatting with the other guys and girls on the truck.

I haven't written much about them, but on the whole they're a good bunch, although there is one girl who after initially being very friendly, suddenly started treating me with contempt and little else. Takes issue with everything I say, takes a contrary position to me on every discussion, always sits as far away as possible, refuses to acknowledge my presence when there's no one else around, you get the idea. Initially I was puzzled and did the usual obsessive soul searching, but I've come to the conclusion that there's nowt I can do about it and moreover, if she wants to behave oddly, then that's her issue and I've got more interesting things to engage my brain with. Partly because of this, it was really good to sit down and talk nonsense over several beers with some of the others on the truck, with Mrs Odd nowhere in sight. One of the girls said she'd really like to hook up with me when we get back to London. I don't think she was thinking of a romantic liaison, just that I'm a good bloke basically. Well Mrs Odd has made me doubt a little, but I think I'm a good bloke, and it was good to hear someone else say so too.

Eventually went to bed a little calmer at about 1130, with requests to get up at 6 to watch the cricket ringing in my ears. We've been getting up very early all trip; I think the earliest was quarter to five, six being the norm, but I slept in until 930. What a rebel I am. When I sauntered over to the truck I was surprised to see people still having breakfast, so I got a lie in AND pancakes. What a most excellent way to start boxing day.

Then I heard the cricket score.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Antti!!! I tried texting you but it sounds like your phone's bust so you won't have received it...