Tuesday, December 12, 2006

On the Road

Well, it's now Tuesday Evening and I'm in a camp on the edge of the Ngoro Ngoro crater. Kinda surreal that they have net access here. Oh, and this keyboard doesn't have any letters on it so I'm typing from memory. Anyway...


Sunday

A very pleasant chap by the name of Stanley came up to me in the lobby saying that Tony had asked him to take me out so we were to go to the Baby Elephant rescue place, the giraffe centre and the Blixen museum. First though, we drove over most of Nairobi looking for a charger for my Zen to no avail, so no tunes for me which is really annoying.

The baby elephants were very cute and playful. I talked to them about woundcare and promised to leave them some Aquacel ag (antimicrobial) for infected wounds. It turns out that the husband of the lady who runs the place has an infected elbow wound, so she was very pleased to talk to me.

The giraffes were also very sweet, but I missed the 3 week old one which was a shame. Bought a safari hat here; it's very hard to find one not covered in gaudy logos.

Then went to the Blixen museum. Expensive. Small. Had to be done though.

Got back to the hotel to watch the footy and bumped into Keith who is coming on the truck with us. A few beers. Conversation at last!

Gave up with the web at Ngorongoro - now in Arusha typing.

No comments: