Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas, yer arse.

Well, it's Christmas although it doesn't really feel like it: given the year I've had, with the feeling of life passing me by I guess it's kind of appropriate. Nevertheless, it's a really lovely way to spend Christmas. We're right by the beach and the HUGE thunderstorm that hit us last night has left the air fresh and the sky blue, with just a few little fluffy clouds. It's very warm, so the factor 40 is going on before I get out into the sun proper, but before that I have to shave and do my ablutions.

We all had a secret Santa gift; mine was a Tusker beer T shirt and a jar of Nivea hand cream. We all got a stocking from the truck crew which had an African bangle, water pistol, sweeties, a firework and one of those blarting trumpet things. I got an ankle bracelet and a hippo necklace for Kate, my designated person, and she seemed quite pleased, especially as her boyfriend had sent her a gold and Zirconia bangle which she thought was hideous.

We have a buffet starting at 1pm (currently 1100), then Jase our driver is doing us a couple of pigs for dinner. They were called (at my suggestion) Dolce and Gabbana and were killed about 2 hours ago. They currently have apples in their mouths and their guts in the bin, are split down the middle and are slowly roasting over hot coals.

Guess I'll phone the UK later although my phone is still bust; I'll have to get a sim card and borrow a blower. Ho hum. Anyway, enjoy your cold, wet Christmases, and I'll enjoy my sunny warm one. Laters!

No comments: