Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Just Fucking tired

I'm tired of being ill, I'm tired of feeling sick CONSTANTLY, I'm tired of having cold sweats, I'm tired of crutches, I'm tired of the painful hands that come from crutches, I'm tired of having no energy and I'm just plain tired. I slept from 1130 until 230 last night and then couldn't get any sleep at all. I tried all the usual stuff; listening to audiobooks (Old Man and the Sea - very good), I tried dreaming of being a footballer, I tried thinking up new ways to bring down German bombers without harming the crew, yet capturing them. I tried watchin TV (just fuzz). Nothing seemed to work, until about 830 when I fell asleep for half an hour or so. I do hope this isn't the start of something new.


Last night I met up with Simon and his wife Liz; it was like old times, only better as we're both more grown up and loads of things have happened in both our lives. He'll be over in London some time soon so I'll hook up with him then. We met at the Waterfront Radisson, which isn't in the main waterfront bit, but down the side toward Mouille Point, right on the sea. Crackin' buffet, top champers and laughs all round.


Today was supposed to be my day of action - once up I breakfasted then went to book myself a car for today and tomorrow. By the time it was all sorted out, including the obligatory 'African mix up', it was 230, but I was feeling so sick that I just came home and lay down for a couple of hours. Then turned on the radio and they said that Camps Bay was great for sundowners tonight, so I headed over there in my mean machine at about half five and had sushi and a fruit latte - kind of like a McDonalds milkshake would be if they made it with real fruit and decent ice cream.
I'm still feeling queasy. It's really frustrating as it pervades every thought and feeling. I just wish it would stop soon. I've finished my antibiotics, but am still on the doxycycline for malaria prevention, but if it's still there when I've finished them, I'm going to camp out at the GP's. If I eat, I'm queasy, If I don't eat, I'm queasy, If I drink... etc ad nauseam (great pun I think).


Tomorrow, stomach permitting, I plan on going either to Cape Point or Rondebosch to my old flat, or both. In the meantime, here are some pics of my R300 per night room and the view, for it is, indeed, a room with a view:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Room looks awful. View looks awful. The car was awful - orange! Never invest in a company with orange in its logo, Mostyn!

You should be here, the sun isn't up when you leave for work and it goes down before you come back home so you don't get to see all the awfulness.

N.